Verdict Forums
Esra Weapon Swap Poll - Printable Version

+- Verdict Forums (https://forum.verdict.dev)
+-- Forum: Meta (https://forum.verdict.dev/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.verdict.dev/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Esra Weapon Swap Poll (/showthread.php?tid=965)

Esra Weapon Swap Poll - Delirium - 01-13-2022

https://strawpoll.com/15zyp29y1

Simply put, I got absolutely railed by the changed to Bowmastery, even harder than the actual Dex Bowmasters got.

I am left with a weapon that provides me no stat benefits, that I've put 24 epic resources, 4 dev items, and 6000 coin into (It's still just a normal bow!)

And I can't use it any longer.

Please, I need help here. This is the bare minimum to keep me at least in a somewhat viable state. I literally do not have a single bow spell anymore. I do not have a single strength scaling in my kit.

RE: Esra Weapon Swap Poll - zealot - 01-13-2022

Hi,

I'm going to try to clarify a few things since this is now out in the open again.

I'm really sorry that the Bowmaster change has negatively impacted your build. I get how that's frustrating and I think there's a lot of us here who have been nerf'd before, even if we were not the focus of said change.

However there's really not much more we can do for you. I've been talking you through it all day and it's been difficult as you seemed to have believed some things that were incorrect.

Esra, like every other bowmaster, will be getting a free stat reset. I think this is only fair given we're changing the scalings.

Esra's weapon cannot be swapped. This belief of yours originates from when we were going to deprecate Ada mage weapons (tomes, staves, wands) and, because you're a Control Bowman, you believed that this and the recent nerf would entitle you to a new weapon. Which is not really the case.

I think swapping out weapons after nerfs is not a precedent we want to set. However I've tried to reach a middle ground with you and offer to reslot your gems for free, as apparently you got them recently.

It seems as if there's no real solution here for you outside of us spawning you in a new weapon. We aren't willing to do that. I've told you to try gathering materials maybe, you had incorrect assumptions about that.

I had told you to perhaps use a Wolfram weapon in the meantime, you did not agree.

Finally when I tried to convince you to ask others ICLY what you could do, like Chiriel or Red Ash... you blew that away and said this was about morals.

Really, I get why this is frustrating to you but threatening to post a poll in attempt to frame us as villains (Your words) isn't really doing anything here. We want to assist but we can only do so much. I also get that Esra's build was unique but, again, you are out of scope for the trade ins we were offering.

Also as an FYI, we can probably just say that any dev done on the bow can be transferred to a new weapon.

RE: Esra Weapon Swap Poll - SilkiyTea - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 03:04 AM)Delirium Wrote: https://strawpoll.com/15zyp29y1

Simply put, I got absolutely railed by the changed to Bowmastery, even harder than the actual Dex Bowmasters got.

I am left with a weapon that provides me no stat benefits, that I've put 24 epic resources, 4 dev items, and 6000 coin into (It's still just a normal bow!)

And I can't use it any longer.

Please, I need help here. This is the bare minimum to keep me at least in a somewhat viable state. I literally do not have a single bow spell anymore. I do not have a single strength scaling in my kit.

Hey it is Silked Tea here.

As everyone knows, Ears was a Mage. Full control mage. I mean the works.
I spent god knows how long using neglects and impairments to become a melee.

But I too had a conundrum you see. I had no viable adamantite weapon, nor the materials for one!

Soooo....

I devved (very simple dev too!) smelting down my adamantite staff, and creating an adamantite axe out of it (this was before axes were implemented, but I requested stats similiar to a sword with - dex due to it being a heavy axe etc!) 

It is very possible to do the same yourself, and rp doing so with other individuals who are blacksmiths. I'd totally recommend it, since it also adds more RP to the game and even allows Esra to develop further relationships with the people of Urosil or otherwise!

RE: Esra Weapon Swap Poll - Delirium - 01-13-2022

I simply want to exchange my adamantite bow for an orichalcum staff. This is not much to ask. This isn't a nerf, this is a full fledged gutting that renders the character effectively dead.

I am not getting more powerful by doing this. I am trying to be allowed a weapon. It was the ruling that I cannot change weapons ICly that caused this whole ordeal. Like holy shit, this isn't a big request. I cannot go through any IC means of changing weapons due to the lore and rulings.

I have always viewed the lore as moderately flexible, I do not see any reason why that, with the proper dev, you cannot find a blacksmith who molds and shapes your Adamantite Bow into an Adamantite Staff with Orichalcum stats, and give it a unique name and unique body text.

Yes, I changed my Adamantite Staff pre-orch into an Adamantite Axe. But it was *Also made from a plain staff into a unique weapon, with a unique desc, unique sprite etc (Though I dont think a unique sprite will be needed here or available. Since I made my axe pre-axe sprite availability).

RE: Esra Weapon Swap Poll - Delirium - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 04:07 AM)SilkiyTea Wrote: I have always viewed the lore as moderately flexible, I do not see any reason why that, with the proper dev, you cannot find a blacksmith who molds and shapes your Adamantite Bow into an Adamantite Staff with Orichalcum stats, and give it a unique name and unique body text.

Yes, I changed my Adamantite Staff pre-orch into an Adamantite Axe. But it was *Also made from a plain staff into a unique weapon, with a unique desc, unique sprite etc (Though I dont think a unique sprite will be needed here or available. Since I made my axe pre-axe sprite availability).

Because the bow literally does not exist. It's just a fill-in. The actual weapon is a part of her physical body. There is no bow to get smithed.

(01-13-2022, 04:12 AM)Delirium Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:07 AM)SilkiyTea Wrote: I have always viewed the lore as moderately flexible, I do not see any reason why that, with the proper dev, you cannot find a blacksmith who molds and shapes your Adamantite Bow into an Adamantite Staff with Orichalcum stats, and give it a unique name and unique body text.

Because the bow literally does not exist. It's just a fill-in. The actual weapon is a part of her physical body. There is no bow to get smithed.

That sounds like it could be even more interesting dev. Though I don't know enough about demonic void shenanigans, there's nothing like icly trying to learn to mold, shape, and twist that physical part of her body to work better as a different weapon! Something that could be likened to how an Umbra shapeshifts its form to mimic another.

I'm just throwing out ideas here though. If a weapon swap isn't allowed oocly, than the next best bet is to find a new alternative to play around with the character. As someone who loves the idea of a weapon being 'apart of a persons body', I'd personally go for the self-mutilation and flesh warping twisty shenanigans. Or however Esra functions since I'm not sure!

To reiterate again though, this is just me throwing out ideas.